Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring is Here


You wouldn't know the Calendar says Spring today. It is only 31 degrees outside. BRRR...The good news is that it isn't snowing.

I made this card for Kerry's Thursday challenge. I have so much old DP and this forced me to use it. I always go with the newer paper when making a card. I used a piece of paper (Melissa Frances with flowers) that I bought just because I thought it was pretty and a piece of paper from Paper Pizazz that was in a book of coordinating paper that is suppose to look like leather. I thought when I bought the book that I would be using it all the time but it never seems to fit or match other papers I was using so I still have the whole book. When I saw the challenge I thought of this book and wanted to find a way to use some of it.

I didn't want to just put the Nestie circle in the middle of the card so I cut the circle in half and put on each side of the strip. I like how it came out. I still love using nesties but I am trying to find more creative ways to use them.

I hope everyone is having a great Monday. Thanks for looking.

Peggy

SUPPLIES:
DP: Melissa Frances, Paper Pizazz
CS: SU Old Olive
STAMPS: Penny Black
MISC: Shimmerz, Stickles, Copics

2 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Very pretty! Love the color combo!

Kerry D-C said...

beautiful, Peggy!! great job using up those papers!! Love how you cut the oval...clever!
Thanks for playing again!